Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) affords adverse parties the opportunity to resolve their differences without going to court. While this can prove advantageous under a broad range of scenarios, it often proves particularly beneficial in the construction context—where it is generally in all parties’ best interests to find a way forward without litigating the parties’ dispute. Our firm represents parties in ADR proceedings involving construction disputes throughout Florida. With a practice focused exclusively on construction law, our lawyers are well-versed in the issues that tend to lead to contentious disputes during construction projects. We are equally well-versed in the strategies that can be used to resolve them. If your company or firm is facing a construction-related dispute, we can use ADR to your advantage, and we can help you achieve a resolution that protects your company’s or firm’s interests to the fullest extent possible.
Our lawyers represent property owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, sureties, and other clients in both mediation and arbitration. Whether required by contract or pursued voluntarily, mediation and arbitration both offer unique opportunities for achieving favorable, cost-effective and, in many cases, mutually-beneficial outcomes. When you choose Kirwin Norris, P.A., you will work with experienced construction lawyers throughout the process, and you will feel confident knowing that you are strategically pursuing a positive result with your company’s or firm’s long-term best interests in mind.
One Firm. One Focus. Construction Law.
Areas of Focus
- Representing companies and professional firms in contractually-mandated mediation and arbitration involving construction-related disputes.
- Helping clients evaluate the benefits of voluntarily pursuing ADR, and negotiating the terms of voluntary mediation and arbitration.
- Handling challenges to the enforceability of mandatory mediation and arbitration clauses in construction contracts and related agreements.
- Resolving complex construction disputes through mediation and arbitration at all stages of significant construction projects in Florida, from acquisition and financing through project closeout and beyond.
- Representing clients in the enforcement of settlement agreements and arbitration awards in state and federal courts across Florida.