Construction Defect Claims
Construction defect claims can lead to contentious disputes. Contractors faced with allegations of performing substandard work can face substantial liability. While resolving these claims efficiently will often be the best interests of all parties involved, in some cases, it will be necessary to litigate through trial to achieve a favorable result. At Kirwin Norris, P.A., we use our decades of experience in construction law to help our clients favorably resolve construction defect claims. We have successfully represented numerous clients on both sides of these often-complex disputes, achieving desirable outcomes through negotiations, alternative dispute resolution and litigation.
Construction defect claims can involve a broad range of technical and legal issues, and they can arise at all stages of the construction process. Regardless of when a claim arises, it is important to engage legal counsel promptly because there are various steps that will likely need to be taken to mitigate any losses and preserve any and all available claims and defenses. With our lawyers’ extensive experience handling construction defect cases throughout Florida, we can get to work on your dispute immediately, and we can make sure the legal costs are no greater than necessary.
One Firm. One Focus. Construction Law.
Areas of Focus
- Representing property owners in construction defect claims against contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Representing contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in defense of construction defect claims.
- Representing clients in mediation and arbitration involving design defect, material defect and workmanship defect claims.
- Assisting with the informal resolution of defect claims during construction to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Handling complex multi-party disputes involving construction defect claims arising out of significant residential and commercial construction projects.