Construction Delay, Disruption & Acceleration Claims
Delays and disruptions during construction can be extraordinarily costly; and, the longer a delay or disruption persists, the larger the costs will grow. When faced with construction delays and disruptions, property owners, developers and others must be prepared to react swiftly, and they must know how to utilize their contractual rights effectively in order to mitigate their financial losses. At Kirwin Norris, P.A., we bring decades of experience to representing parties on both sides of construction delay and disruption claims. Whether you need to recover cost overruns caused by a delay or defend against a liability claim for a disruption, our team is here to help.
In addition to delay and disruption claims, we help parties navigate acceleration claims as well. Acceleration of construction can become necessary under a broad range of circumstances; and, while accelerating construction can be beneficial for all parties involved, agreeing to the terms of acceleration often proves challenging. We represent property owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors and others with respect to all aspects of construction acceleration claims, from issues involving change orders and overtime pay, to disputes involving deadlines and scopes of work.
One Firm. One Focus. Construction Law.
Areas of Focus
- Representing property owners and developers in claims to recover losses caused by construction delays and disruptions.
- Representing contractors and subcontractors in defense of construction delay and disruption claims.
- Finding solutions when acceleration of construction is necessary, and helping parties on all sides protect their interests when acceleration claims arise.
- Drafting and negotiating change orders and other contract documents in relation to construction acceleration claims.
- Advising parties on construction delay, disruption and acceleration claims with regard to their legal rights and obligations and the remedies they have available.