Leanne is Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar. As an expert in construction law, she handles a wide spectrum of commercial construction-related matters representing owners, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and design professionals, throughout all stages of a project. She has substantial litigation and trial experience that gives her a distinctive ability to better represent her clients on numerous matters. This includes assisting clients in contract claims, lien and bond claims, defect and design issues, payments disputes, bid protests, and delay claims. Leanne also has extensive experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
Leanne joined the firm in February 2013, not long after graduating valedictorian from law school, where she earned a record 14 book awards. She also served as Chief Justice of the Moot Court Honors Board and Associate Editor of Barry Law Review.
Born in Seoul, South Korea to Navy veterans and raised outside of Baltimore, Maryland. Leanne is a life-long and ardent Baltimore Orioles fan, and hopes to catch a game at every Major League Baseball stadium. She is also passionate about travelling, and experiencing new cities and cultures.
- General Contractor and Owner vs. Subcontractors – represented both a general contractor and an assisted living facility owner in a five day trial against two project subcontractors, prevailing on the general contractor’s entire affirmative claim against the roofing subcontractor, while simultaneously successfully defeating the drywall subcontractor’s suit against the owner
- Owner vs. General Contractor – successfully represented an orange grove owner in a week-long trial against a general contractor in a breach of construction contract claim defeating the general contractor’s $9M+, and prevailing on the owner’s entire claim for damages against the general contractor
- Owner vs. Manufacturer – represented an owner in a three day trial against a roofing material manufacturer, prevailing on the owner’s negligence and warranty claims and recovering 100% of the damages requested
- General Contractor vs. Owner – successfully defended a general contractor in a three-week trial on all claims including breach of contract and fraud
- The Florida Bar, RPPTL, Construction Law Committee
- Orange County Bar Association, Construction Law Committee
- Associated Builders & Contractors
Honors & Accolades
- Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar
- Florida Rising Stars honoree in the 2020 Super Lawyers Magazine
- Chapter 7: Bids, Bid Disputes, and Competitive Negotiations Involving Public Entities, The Florida Bar Construction Law and Practice Manual, 10th Edition, co-authored with Christene H. Ford
- Juvenile Sentencing in the Wake of Graham v. Florida: A Look into Uncharted Territory, 17 Barry L. Rev. 133 (2011), which has been quoted by the Louisiana Supreme Court
- Winning Disputes Through Proper Project Documentation, private general contractor, 2018
- One Contract, Two Attorneys and an Endless Supply of Meaning, Construction Financial Management Association: Central Florida, 2018
- Volunteer Moot Court coach at Barry University—leading her teams to finals and best brief awards—where she enjoys getting to mentor Florida’s future lawyers